WorkWalk Puzzle Solving Strategies (Part 2)

 Here's a snippet from today's English word.  I'm trying to find the word "COIN" as the first word.

I attempted this word first, because I was given the "C" as the first letter of the rootword, but then the "O" was the only diamond shape (i.e., a vowel) that "C" pointed to.   So that had to be second.  By a process of elimination, however, the only remaining diamond shape had to be the only remaining vowel, "I".  

I've just entered the "I" but now need to decide which of the blank ellipses should get the "N".  It can't be the lower left one, because there isn't an arrow to it from "I".  Same is true for the rightmost ellipse.  Hence it must be the lower right one.

Indeed, this is so:



Then I'd guess the rightmost blank bubble must be "K", since it points to "N" and "KNOCK" is a word.  So that should be easy to get.  Again by a process of elimination this forces the lower left to be "G".   So I can easily put in all the remaining subwords.  

You'll note however that the program logic won't let you put in "ONGOING" until after you've entered "ONION".  (Is this a bug or a feature?)

Here's what you get once you've entered all the subwords:


Can you now guess the rootword?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New WordWalk Format

Coming Soon: A Change to the WordWalk Points Reward System

WordWalk Puzzles: 1/26/23